The Best Small Wine Coolers – Smallest Wine Fridge – smallest wine cooler Review 2021
- 1 The Best Small Wine Coolers – Smallest Wine Fridge – smallest wine cooler Review 2021
- 2 Best Small Wine Coolers
- 3 Top 10 The Best Small Wine Coolers Reviews 2021
- 3.1 1. Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator.Best small wine coolers
- 3.2 2. Ivation 12 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator.Best small wine coolers
- 3.3 3. Teaswa 20-liter Compact Cooler.Best small wine coolers
- 3.4 4. Antarctic Star 1.6 Cu. Ft. Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
- 3.5 5. Nutrichef 12 Bottle Wine Refrigerator. Best small wine coolers
- 3.6 6. Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Cooler. Best small wine coolers
- 3.7 7. Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
- 3.8 8. Colzer Upgrade 15 Inch Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
- 3.9 9. BODEGA 15” Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
- 3.10 10. Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
- 4 Buying Guides
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Are you looking for the best small wine coolers? Wine is very susceptible to the light and temperature fluctuations. Even the slightest changes can ruin the taste and aroma of the wine. So, maintaining the right temperature and lighting condition is crucial to keep the wine fresh and flavorful for a long time.
While most wine is purchased and consumed within a day or two, some are intended to be kept for the long-term. As the wine ages, its flavor becomes richer and improves over time. This is what every wine collector strives for when it comes to wine storage. However, if not kept under proper conditions, wine can and will deteriorate very fast.
During storage, it is not ideal to have direct light pointing towards the wine while high humidity and low temperature are very much a requirement. In addition, the bottles should stay on their side to maintain the quality of the cork, and thus, the freshness of the wine itself. And for those reasons, regular fridges are not practical to use at all.
Fortunately, there are a wide variety of wine coolers with various bottle capacities out there for you to choose from.
In this article, we have picked out the 10 best small wine coolers, small dual zone wine fridge available on the market right now along with their features and highlights. Hopefully, with this list, you can find the one that suits your necessities.
Best Small Wine Coolers
- Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator
- Ivation 12 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- Teaswa 20-liter Compact Cooler
- Antarctic Star 1.6 Cu. Ft. Wine Cooler
- Nutrichef 12 Bottle Wine Refrigerator
- Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Cooler
- Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler
- Colzer Upgrade 15 Inch Wine Cooler
- Bodega 15” Wine Cooler
- Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
# Best Mini Wine Fridge
#Small Dual Zone Wine Fridge
Top 10 The Best Small Wine Coolers Reviews 2021
1. Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator.Best small wine coolers
For those wine enthusiasts out there, look no further than the PKCWC120 from Nutrichef as this is the best small wine coolers for you. This 12-bottle wine cooler is the perfect place to store and cool both white wine and red wine. Equipped with precision compressor cooling technology with adjustable temperature control, you can easily control the temperature of this cabinet for short- or long-term in a consistently stable environment. The wine cooler also comes with integrated LED lights and built-in circulation fan and ventilation grill. With a reinforced glass door and airtight seal, this compact wine cooler packs a modern and sleek design for any room, kitchen or living room. To top it all off, Nutrichef backs this premium unit up with a 1-year quality of complete satisfaction so you can rest assured that your wine collection will stay safe and protected for the years to come.
- Capacity of up to 12 bottles
- Adjustable temperature setting between 41 – 64° degrees Fahrenheit (5 – 18°C)
- Child safety auto-lock
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stylish and compact
- Precise temperature controls
- Inexpensive and offers great values
- Some users reported that the model did not always work properly
- Customer support could be bad at times
2. Ivation 12 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator.Best small wine coolers
This small wine refrigerator from Ivation comes with advanced compressor technology, ensuring the scorching outside heat does not affect the inside temperature. The 12-bottle wine cooler is able to sustain 41 – 64° degrees Fahrenheit (5 – 18°C), the ideal temperature to store sparkling white wine. All you need to do is set up your desired temperature and the mini wine fridge will do the rest. In addition, with a built-in fan, capable of circulating air throughout the unit, this cooler will guarantee an excellent condition for long-term wine storage.
Furthermore, with the inclusion of a double-paned glass door, your wine collection will be well-insulated and protected from the damaging effect of UV lights. The small wine cooler also features soft interior lighting with energy efficient LED light that safely illuminates all the labels while not affecting the wine flavor itself. Finally, to improve the user experience even further, the chiller includes removable racks and touch-controls as well as an LCD display.
- Uniform air circulation
- Touch controls
- UV-resistant thermopane glass
- Removable racks
- Built-in lock
- Provides stable temperature
- Soft interior LED lighting
- Can fit different bottle sizes thanks to the removable racks
- Some non-standard bottles, like sparkling wine, might not fit in the cooler even when the racks are removed
- There have been cases where the fridge broke down within 2 years of usage
3. Teaswa 20-liter Compact Cooler.Best small wine coolers
This portable wine cooler is pretty spacious at 20-liter capacity that can store everyone’s favorite food for those long road trips. The cooler comes in at 10.6 x 13.0 x 15.9 inches and can easily fit into car trunks or seats without taking up too much space. As a dual-purpose cooler and warmed, this small wine cooler can not only store wine and other beverages but it also keeps food warm, up to 65 degrees Celsius. With an LCD display and intuitive control scheme, you can set the chiller to a desired temperature with just a touch of a button. Your food and beverages will be kept in perfect condition.
Additionally, the small wine cooler is equipped with both AC and DC power adapters, meaning it can operate by plugging in either a 12V DC cigarette adaptor in a car or 110V AC indoor. From dorm rooms and offices to cars, this cooler can fit anywhere. And to top it all off, this quiet model is very energy-efficient and comes with a 1-year limited warranty at no additional cost.
- Good air circulation for even cooling/heating
- Quiet motor
- Featured hot/cold switch
- Temperature ranging from 20 – 65 degrees Celsius
- Can store more than just wine
- Can be used to keep food warm
- Easy-to-control interface
- Does not get cold enough in some cases
- Less than desirable build quality
4. Antarctic Star 1.6 Cu. Ft. Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
It is widely known that heat is the biggest enemy of wine, but you can rest assured that this model from Antarctic Star will keep your wine nice and cool. With the adjustable knob, you can set the temperature between 40 – 61 degrees Fahrenheit. Moreover, the model comes equipped with a reinforced glass door with airtight seal to help maintain an ideal humidity level. With such a modern design, this small wine cooler is the perfect choice for your living room.
To add more to its beauty, the chiller includes soft LED lighting, boldly showcasing your collection while not causing any damage to your wine quality. At 1.6 cubic feet, the mini wine cooler can stash away any sort of drink, from red or white wine to canned beers. Not only so, it also features horizontal racks to store your bottles efficiently and safely. Antarctic Star is considerate enough to equip the unit with an advanced cooling system that will keep your beverages at the right temperature while producing little to no noise. Finally, the cooler is backed by a 1-year warranty of complete satisfaction.
- Dual-pane glass door
- Removable stainless steel shelves
- Soft LED light
- Efficient cooling system
- Hassle-free customer support
- Drinks are kept nice and cold
- Intuitive controls
- No noise
- No thermometer to track the temperature
- Standard-sized wine bottles do not fit properly
5. Nutrichef 12 Bottle Wine Refrigerator. Best small wine coolers
Considered the best small wine coolers on the market right now, the Nutrichef 12 Bottle Wine Cooler Refrigerator had better be on your watchlist. With its 12 bottle capacity, this unit is the perfect choice to store and chill both red and white wine. The model is also equipped with precise compressor cooling technology, built-in circulation fan, and ventilation grill, you can rest assured that your wine is kept in the best possible condition. In addition, the wine cabinet features an adjustable digital touch-button display for either Celsius or Fahrenheit, suitable for short- and long-term storage.
Moreover, this small wine fridge comes with an airtight reinforced glass door that offers a modern and compact design, perfect for your living room or kitchen. If you think that this beast of a wine bottle cooler will be noisy, you will be glad to know that the model runs completely silent thanks to the addition of the advanced cooling system. If you are still not sold by now, the premium cooling unit is also backed by a 1-year quality warranty of complete satisfaction, so you can stay worry-free, knowing that your wine collection is safe for the years to come.
- 12-bottle capacity
- Built-in compressor cooling technology
- Adjustable temperature settings (Temperature Range: 41 – 64° Fahrenheit)
- Digital soft-touch control panel
- Built-in circulation fan and ventilation grill
- Quiet and stylish
- Stand-up bottle rack
- Can fit 12 bottles but only if they are skinny
- Interior LED light does not work according to some customers
6. Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Cooler. Best small wine coolers
Unlike most other wine bottle coolers on this list, the Kalamera 15 inch model packs a much bigger capacity of 30 bottles. And if you happen to have those Pinot or Champagne bottles, you are still good to go as the Kalamera is the best small wine coolers when it comes to sizes. It is the perfect choice for wine lovers and enthusiasts alike who possess more than one collection.
To add more to the convenience, the cooler features a temperature memory function which will kick in and restore the previous temperature after a sudden power loss. The function will prevent your wine from going bad without you knowing. Furthermore, this single-zone mini wine cooler includes one-touch controls, allowing easy temperature setting, ranging from 40 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit. The chiller also bundles along a double-layered tempered glass door as well as stainless steel frame. These not only keep the glass from fogging but also stabilize the temperature.
- Front vent outlet design
- Removable wooden shelves
- Safety lock
- High versatility: can be installed under a counter or used as a free-standing unit
- Customizable design thanks to the removable shelves
- Magnetic door
- Despite the premium price tag, faulty models have surfaced recently
7. Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
Phiestina is one of a few wine cooler brands that offer a wide range of products, tailored to different types of users. However, their most popular is probably the 46-bottle model one. As one of the best small wine coolers out there, packing a state-of-the-art compressor and air duct system, this wine unit not only cools well but runs quietly as a stone. You can enjoy your favorite drinks undisturbed from now on. With the dual-zone design, you can set the upper and lower zone at 2 different temperatures, ranging from 40 – 50° degrees Fahrenheit and from 50 – 60° degrees Fahrenheit, respectively.
In addition, this model is the perfect choice if you are looking for a built-in unit thanks to the excellent front-vent-from-kick-plate design. Thus, with the kick plate, your cabinet will look even more elegant with this cooler in it. Now when it comes to versatility, this small wine cooler is not a slouch. It comes with 5 removable shelves and can hold up to 46 bottles of various types, from sparkling water, red and white wine to lemonade and cocktails.
- Front vent with kick plate design
- Adjustable and removable shelves
- High performance yet super quiet
- Inconsistent quality check: some users reported their units stopped working after just 2 weeks
8. Colzer Upgrade 15 Inch Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
Designed based on the temperature and humidity of the original wine cellar, this small wine cooler from Colzer ensures your wine is stored in the most ideal condition. Regardless of red or white wine, long-term or quick serve, you are guaranteed to enjoy the best drinks thanks to precise temperature and humidity controls. These settings will remain stable and not jump randomly. Additionally, the cooler can stock up 30 standard-sized wine bottles on its removable shelves easily.
The spacing between each shelf is more than 3.5 inches, thus, you will not have any problem in storing bigger size bottles. Furthermore, with an updated compressor and one-of-a-kind vibration absorption system, your wine will be kept away from accelerated wine aging and excess acidity, allowing you to enjoy your wine for a longer period. Lastly, the small wine cooler also includes a temperature memory function as well as a whopping 8-to-10-year service life, during which time, you can reach out to the professional after-sale team for more support.
- International standard technology
- New air cooling system
- Accurate data control
- Oak wine rack
- Premium and modern design
- Door lock with 2 keys
- Temperature memory function
- For a wine cooler of this size, it is loud at times
9. BODEGA 15” Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
This small wine cooler from Bodega can hold up to 31 standard-sized wine bottles despite its size. The cooler is suitable for both short- and long-term storage, keeping the quality and taste of the wine the same, if not better, over time. You can choose to set this cooler to stay between 41 and 68 degrees Fahrenheit and it will consistently remain at that temperature.
Thus, your wine will always be kept ready to drink. With the addition of advanced compressor cooling technology and vibration reduction gear, the model is the best small wine coolers at quiet and efficient operation. The fridge also features an LCD temperature display along with intuitive touch controls so you can see and adjust the desired changes at any time. For a wine cooler at its size, this unit is very versatile as it can be installed under the kitchen counter or used as a freestanding refrigerator.
- Adjustable feet
- Carbon filter system with smart sensor
- Smart digital control
- Safety lock
- Anti-UV function
- Double-layered tempered glass
- Some users reported that their units were either more noisy than normal or broke down after just a few months
10. Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler.Best small wine coolers
The Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler features a capacity of 20 standard-sized wine bottles with minimal moving parts, which will help the fridge last a lot longer. In addition, the small wine cooler comes with thermoelectric cooling, offering vibration-free operation. The freestanding unit also packs a sleek and stylish design with a stainless steel shell and black tinted mirror glass door. This kind of combination will help preserve your wine collection in the best possible condition. Furthermore, the cooler includes an LCD display along with a soft-touch digital control panel, allowing you an easy time tracking and changing the inside temperature to your likings.
- Efficient thermoelectric cooling
- Simple yet stylish design
- Capacity of 20 bottles
- Quiet operation
- Accurate temperature readings
- Reasonably priced
- Racks are a tight fit, so it is easy to tear up wine labels
- There were reports where the unit leaked water and was 10 degrees off
Where to Start
The question that should be answered first is how big your wine collection is. How many bottles do you need to store? How many more are you planning to get? To allow enough room for your new “findings” and possible gifts from guests, we recommend getting a cooler 75% to 100% bigger than your current collection.
Do you enjoy one particular type of red or white wine, or do you fancy a little bit of every kind? This will determine the number of cooling zones you need as well as the temperature controls, cooling technology and other special options.
Wine Cooler Types
There are quite a few types of small wine coolers out there. From single/dual-zones chillers that sit under your countertop to full-height built-in ones that hold more than hundreds of bottles. One of the more popular types is free-standing units. They are like pieces of furniture that come in at different sizes and zones. However, if you are looking for something during your kitchen remodelling project, a built-in under-the-counter cooler is the perfect one. So, this type of coolers is usually dual-zone with capacity of 18 to 70 bottles. Having said that, if you do not need that many, there are smaller countertop models, coming in at 4 – 20 bottles in capacity. There are also dual-zone tower wine coolers which can virtually fit anywhere but still offer high capacity of 35 to 40 bottles.
If you only have a few specific white or red wines, a single-zone cooler is more than enough. However, for people who like more variety, they can go for the dual-zone models that offer 2 different temperature settings in the same unit.
If you care a lot about noise and energy efficiency as well as the vibration level, then you may want to look into certain kinds of cooling technologies. Below is a list of every type.
- Compressor: this is the most common type and is used in refrigerators as well. They provide a wide range of temperatures and in some high-end models, they even regulate humidity level. However, they are pretty heavy and can produce noise during operation.
- Thermoelectric: this technology uses the Peltier effect which removes heat from the interior air instead of cooling it. The method is energy efficient and can operate with little to no vibration at all. However, models that come equipped with thermoelectric technology do not work well if ambient temperature is too high or too low. Also keep in mind that these units do not get as cold as the compressor ones.
- Hybrid: this uses the best of both compressor and thermoelectric technologies. Not only is it low noise and vibration, it also provides a more stable and wider temperature range. However, this kind of coolers are considerably pricier than the previous two.
- Absorption: this is newest among the four. It uses a physicochemical process with no motor or compressor, and thus, delivering near silent operation. However, this technology is quite rare and can be very expensive.
Cost of a Cooler
The price of a cooler varies mostly based on its size and capacity. The small ones, usually contain fewer than 24 bottles, typically cost around $60 to $200, regardless of single- or dual-zone. The medium ones, with capacity of up to 50 bottles, can cost from $250 – $650. Finally, the large (75+)-bottle ones can be priced at more than $1,000, depending on the brand and desired features.
There are all kinds of optional cooler features for you to choose from, ranging from humidity controls, type of racks and doors to leveling legs and LED lightings. Of course, your decision will be based on your wine collection, lifestyle, and most importantly, your available budget.
What is a Small Wine Cooler?
A small wine cooler should be on your shopping list if you are planning to keep a wine collection for yourself, especially when you only have limited space available at home. These mini refrigerators help store and serve your wine at a specific temperature. They can also be an excellent addition to the overall aesthetics of your kitchen, bar, or private setting.
The best small wine coolers on the market right now make use of the best cooling technology along with several other functions and designs, depending on your preference.
What are the advantages of a Small Wine Cooler over larger wine coolers?
Ideally, small wine coolers are perfect for those who do not have much available space and prefer to keep a few bottles within reach. So, the coolers can always store your favorite flavors at the precise and stable temperature.
Perhaps one of the most common problems in wine storing is finding the right space for your cooler. Having said that, with a small wine fridge, you will have an easy time in doing so. From the kitchen and bar area to the entertainment room or even outdoor, you can virtually fit them anywhere in your house.
In addition, you will have full control over both the temperature and the inside lighting through a dedicated panel, preserving a perfect condition for any type of wine. And in most cases, small wine coolers are better at maintaining a consistent temperature and humidity level when compared to large fridges due to their sizes. For the same reason, small wine coolers are typically less expensive and more efficient than their counterparts.
What are the disadvantages of Small Wine Coolers over larger wine coolers?
While having a small wine cooler is very convenient at times, it cannot hold too many bottles. Thus, for people with a large collection of wine, this might not be the ideal option. Moreover, if you want to store your wine for a decade or two, a larger-sized fridge is more a preferable selection.
Are Small Wine Coolers available in different sizes?
Yes, they are available in different sizes, ranging from 10 to 48 inches with options like 4-bottle wine cooler, 6-bottle wine cooler, 8-bottle wine cooler, and many more. If you are planning to store different types of wine in the cooler, look for dual-zone functionality ones as they can house both red and white wine in a single unit.
Where can one be purchased?
Amazon is perhaps the best place to search and purchase a small wine cooler. Not only will you have a much easier time examining each unit, you are also offered the best selling models at more reasonable price points. From product details and options to user reviews, Amazon has it all.
Whether you are an experienced connoisseur or just a simple enthusiast who enjoys the flavor and the taste of sparkling wine from time to time, having the best small wine coolers in the comfort of your home is reassuring.
Regardless of lifestyle and wine collecting/storing purposes, you will have plenty of brands, sizes, and features to choose from. While most are similar in features and specifications, some do come with unique designs and qualities that differentiate them from the rest of the competitors.
Whatever decision you make, you can rest assured that all the best small wine coolers on this list are carefully selected and handpicked to provide the perfect storing condition for your wine collection.
View more: publichouseftl.com